Privacy and Use for WCET Affiliated Websites and Systems
Updated September 2021
WCET – the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies – is an operational unit of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). WICHE serves as the legal and fiscal home of WCET and the other operational units of the organization.
Additional Privacy Provisions for WCET
- Cookies or web beacons may be used to track site usage and the success of marketing campaigns. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, we will gather and store only standard Internet log information, such as, but not limited to,
- the host system,
- device type and browser,
- specific pages visited,
- referring website, link, email, or channel,
- time and duration of visits to our pages,
- By registering for a WCET event, your information may be shared with companies that underwrite WCET events and programs. WCET’s registration process for in-person meetings includes opt-out options for both the registrant’s contact information and any photographs taken at the meeting. WCET subscribes webcast registrants that are from a member institution to WCET NEWS and DISCUSS communities and email lists. If you wish to opt-out from either information sharing or email subscription, please contact us.
- WCET will not track individually identifiable information for users who only browse through the website. WCET will not share, sell, or trade this individual information without your advance permission. Any information that becomes published will be on an aggregated, non-identifying basis.
- WCET retains the right to post or remove content from any of its web properties at its discretion.
Requests or questions about opt-outs or subscriptions should be sent to email@example.com.
A note about personal information risk on the internet:
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of all information that you transmit to us, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of WCET, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
WCET Logos and Intellectual Property
- WCET protects the use of its name and logo. Member institutions/organizations or those organizations partnering with WCET may request use of the logo for web or printed material.
- Materials that are freely available on our website use a Creative Commons “Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike” license, unless otherwise noted.
Questions should be directed to WCET at firstname.lastname@example.org.