with your WCET colleagues and experts, both virtually and in-person.
Learning Analytics: The Future is Now
The 2011 Horizon Report lists learning analytics in the 4-5 year adoption horizon, but the rapid rise of analytics tools combined with the increasing demand for data-driven decision making may be pushing this horizon closer. Does your institution have a strategy for mining the wealth of information in your LMS, among other sources of data about teaching and learning activities? This presentation will cover a range of examples where learning analytics are already being used to increase student engagement, improve pedagogical practices, and raise retention and success rates, particularly for at-risk students. The presenters will provide practical recommendations for applying learning analytics effectively at your institution.
Questions to be covered:
This webcast was hosted by WCET's Student Retention CIG.
- How does student activity in the LMS correlate to student success?
- How can LMS analytics be used to identify and promote effective teaching practices?
- Can LMS data be used effectively for predictive analytics?
- What types of alerts and dashboards for insights into analytics data are most useful, and who should be using them?
- What does the data in your LMS tell you about the effectiveness of your curriculum and alignment of learning activities to institutional goals?
Participants will be able to ask questions via the chat box during the webcast.
This free webcast is for WCET Members and for prospective members who are considering joining the WCET community through our April "Tell A Friend" membership drive! Mark your calendar for the next free webcast sponsored by WCET's Student Retention CIG: Building "Community" among Online Faculty to Enhance Student Achievement, September 13, 2011.
The webcast will run on May 11, 2011, for 60 minutes, beginning promptly at 4:00 PM EDT / 3:00 PM CDT / 2:00 MDT / 1:00 PM PDT / Noon AKDT / 10:00 AM HST.
- Deborah Everhart
- Chief Arthitect
- Blackboard Inc.
- John Fritz
- Assistant Vice President
- Instructional Technology & New Media
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Director of Research and Development
American Public University System
- Christine Lustik
- Implementation Specialist
- Smarthinking, Inc., and
- Co-Chair of WCET's
- Student Retention CIG