WCET and GlobalMindED Announce Digital Inclusion Award
WCET and GlobalMindED are now accepting nominations for the Digital Inclusion Award. The Award is a unique recognition of an individual, organization or program having shown significant impact on first generation learner populations with regard to increasing involvement in global digital leadership.
The Digital Inclusion Award, sponsored by WCET and GlobalMindED, is not about infrastructure, it is about what learners DO with the infrastructure to harvest the bounty of new ideas and perspectives in the hearts and minds of first generation learners. The bullets below outline WCET and GlobalMindED’s Digital Inclusion Principles:
- Digital Inclusions is about leveraging mindware, not hardware/software;
- Digital Inclusion is one component of a larger communications ecosystem, not a standalone concept;
- Digital Inclusion should be the overall goal of technological evolution.
- Candidates shall submit two (2) verifiable examples of Digital Inclusion.
- Candidates shall submit a Statement of Digital Inclusion philosophy.
- Self-nominations and nominations of others are both accepted.
- All nomination materials should be submitted via our nomination form. ***DEADLINE EXTENDED to May 8, 2017, 5 PM MT time.
Digital Inclusion Selection Process:
A five (5) member selection committee will use the following requirements to select the winner of the Digital Inclusion award. Each candidate will be evaluated on a 10pt scale (with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest). Candidates should also keep the Digital Inclusion Principles listed above in mind when submitting their application.
Committee Selection Criteria:
- Encourages collaborative use of digital resources in specific activities.
- Empowers participants to use digital resources as one component of a larger communications ecosystem, not a standalone concept.
- Actively establishes and sustains an expectation of digital inclusion in the candidate’s operational environment.
Selection and Award Timeline:
- Submission deadline: April 30, 2017
- Awardees notified: May 31, 2017
- Award Presentation at GlobalMinded Meeting: June 22nd and 23rd, 2017 - Denver, Colorado
The WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) is the leader in the practice, policy, and advocacy of technology-enhanced higher education. WCET is widely recognized as one of the most informative, reliable and forward-thinking organizations regarding the role of technology and innovation in higher education. For more information about WCET’s institutional membership resources and services, please visit the WCET website.
GlobalMindED is the first U.S conference of its caliber that brings first-generation college students together with educators, industry professionals, global entrepreneurs, policy makers, and the nonprofit sector to promote access and opportunity for college and workplace success. GlobalMindED convenes to address one of the nation’s most pressing issues: increasing access and opportunity for first-generation students to create a capable, diverse talent pipeline. More information and proposals to participate (open until December 1, 2016) can be found on the GlobalMindEd website.