Avoiding Potholes Along the Microcredentials Superhighway
The road to a successful and high-quality microcredentialing initiative can be fraught with potholes and speedbumps, but the final destination is attainable. This webcast will bring together experts and practitioners in higher education to discuss what they have learned on their journeys, obstacles to anticipate, and strategies for success to help you on your journey.
Speakers will discuss:
- Research-supported frameworks for microcredentialing.
- A forthcoming research-based readiness assessment toolkit.
- Working definitions for microcredentials.
- Course and competency alignment.
- Funding models.
- Resource allocation for staff, time, funding, technology, and expertise.
Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions and access resources.
This webcast will take place via Zoom and is free and open to all. Register to receive the recording. Follow the Twitter feed at #WCETwebcast.
Senior Scientist and Director, Digital Learning , Academic Affairs Research and Development, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
WCET Steering Committee, Vice President, Strategy & Advancement, Rio Salado College