Balancing Leadership and Life While Supporting Your Team
Hosted in partnership with WICHE Behavioral Health.
As leaders and educators in postsecondary education, we often feel that we do not have time to balance wellness and work. However, effective leadership requires skills for managing stress to be able to achieve some semblance of balance. We all know there are tools and resources available about mindfulness and meditation, but what are specific and approachable techniques that you can use and practice as we close out the academic term?
Our speakers have done extensive work in the areas of self-care, resilience-building strategies, and leadership. They discussed:
- Toolkits for planning for wellness.
- Identifying stressors in yourself and your team.
- Skills for developing resiliency and nurturing it in yourself and your team.
- Tips for managing stress in the moment, including a brief experiential exercise to help you rewire your brain during times of high stress.
- Physiological signs and symptoms.