WCET and SAN Member Update Webcast: The Higher Education Policy Landscape
*Exclusively for Members*
Navigating the topography of the higher education policy landscape, especially near an election, can feel like you are reading a map upside down. Which direction are we headed and what does it mean for postsecondary education and digital learning? What are the potential bumps in the road and mountains to traverse? Our policy team helped chart the course during the fall policy update for WCET and SAN members, discussing regulatory and policy issues such as:
- Digital learning highlights and implications from the Department of Education rules slated to be released by November 1:
- Addition to “distance education” definition.
- Professional licensure requirements for incarcerated individuals.
- Our call for more guidance on “regular and substantive interaction” rules.
- Rules that will be in play in the coming year:
- State authorization “reciprocity” definition.
- Professional licensure “ensuring” that programs satisfy educational requirements of the state oversight agency.
- And a glimpse into potential election implications on higher education policy.
The recording of this webcast is available to WCET and SAN members. Contact email@example.com for the recording link.
Not a WCET or SAN member? Learn more about benefits and how to join: