Preparing for Fall: How Higher Education Administrators Are Planning for a New Normal
Hosted in partnership with D2L.
Fall 2020 was unprecedented in higher education as the world navigated teaching and learning during a global pandemic. Emerging models such as HyFlex were adopted. The remote experiences of Spring 2020 transitioned from emergency teaching to higher-quality digital learning. Issues such as student access and equity were springboarded to the forefront. Now, as we enter Fall 2021, higher education administrators are preparing for what the next normal will be and putting pre-pandemic structures, processes, and legacies aside.
Panelists discussed what is on the heart and minds of higher education administrators as they enter the fall term, including these topics:
- Remote worker policies for staff and faculty.
- Student’s expectations for online and face-to-face courses.
- Delta variant concerns.
- Supporting staff and avoiding burnout.
- Behavioral health and wellness for students.
- Digital learning’s capacity for increasing access and completion.