Strategic Portfolio Development: Maximizing Course Offerings While Lowering Costs
Hosted in partnership with Wiley Education Services.
Strategic Portfolio DevelopmentTM (SPD) is a forward-thinking program planning approach that helps institutions position themselves to more efficiently operate in today’s market while preparing for tomorrow’s market. It identifies the most strategic and scalable market-centric digital program anchors, concentrations, and certificates to create a series of “suites” that build off of each other, interconnecting current and future content and program areas.
The modular nature of this approach provides institutions the ability to attract a larger section of the market to their digital offerings, maximize their use of resources, quickly increase their number of market interesting programs offered, and ultimately grow a more robust and long-lasting digital presence.
How SPD works:
SPD involves analyzing trends in the market and understanding where the educational gaps and opportunities exist, not just to identify students, but also to help students prepare for jobs. By doing this, institutions can build efficient, flexible, and relevant online curriculums.
SPD helps institutions:
- Maximize the courses they offer.
- Quickly address changes in the market, without having to redesign an entire program.
- Bridge outcomes with workforce expectations.
- Identify employment needs/gaps to offer programs that will provide students with strong employment opportunities after graduation.
- Make program planning and development more efficient.
- Increase enrollments as students often prefer programs that allow them to focus on a specific, market-relevant specialization.