The 2020 View of Federal Regulations and the Potential Impact on Higher Education Practice
While the Virtual Summit has concluded, you can still gain access to important policy insights. Registration includes:
- Access to all video sessions
- Exclusive summit resources
WCET Member: included with membership
- Virtual Summit Agenda.
The 2020 Virtual Summit asynchronously brought together policy-makers, accreditors, institutional leaders, and attorneys to help articulate policy implications for recently released rules and regulations from the Department of Education including accreditation changes and state authorization, as well as discuss proposed regulations on distance education.
The goal of the Virtual Summit was to bring people who can inform, guide, and answer questions about how education policies, rules, and regulations, may impact their institution. The Summit helped attendees learn how to articulate potential regulatory impact to their institutions as well as engage with lawmakers and Department officials to provide feedback and help shape future policies and regulations.
The Virtual Summit conversations included key topics such as:
- Recent regulations on state authorization, accreditation, and disclosures.
- The 2019 negotiated rulemaking process, including analysis of the consensus language on distance education and regular and substantive interaction.
- Updates on proposed higher education legislation, including an update on the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act.
- Discussion of the potential impact of the 2020 presidential election.
The virtual event drew leaders across higher education departments and sectors that should understand key regulations and polices impacting institutions across the U.S.
Non-members can gain access to all resources by registering. The registration fee is $100. Upon registration payment, you will receive access to all resources.
- Access to all video panel recordings. View the agenda.
- Access to all Deep Dive resources created by experts:
- Accessibility, Privacy, and Security
- Department of Education's Support of Career, Technical, Upskilling and Reskilling Initiatives
- Direct Assessment and CBE
- Regular and Substantive
- State Authorization
Panel recordings include captions. Please let us know if we can provide any further services that support learning or participation.
Suggested Virtual Summit attire is business casual (at least from the waist up), pajama bottoms and slippers welcome.