- Final Summit Agenda
- Summit Logistics
- A Checklist for Student Services
- Aligning Investments to Support Core Functions
- Aligning Investments - Handout
- Education Content Strategy
- Fail at Scale or Pilot to Tell, by Luke Dowden
- General Session Recordings
- Innovation Survey Results
- Leadership Vision Sustainability
- Leadfully 21st Century Leadership Skills
- Leading Academic Change: An Early Market Scan of Leading-edge Postsecondary Academic Innovation Centers
- Learning Design Infrastructure
- Lessons for Institutions on Supporting Innovation
- Making Your Data Analytics Actionable
- Motivation and Enthusiasm: Work with their strengths - Strengths Finder and other assessments
- Systems Thinking for Innovation
- Talent Development
- Ted Talk, How to Manage for Collective Creativity
- Why you probably don’t want innovation, Tom Goodwin
- World Economic Forum: 21st Century Skills and Competencies
WCET’s 6th Leadership Summit will engage institutional leaders in a strategic discussion of how to best align and support an institution’s human capital, technology investments, and a content strategy to sustain innovation in teaching and learning. Consider these job titles – chief learning officer, design engineer, data scientist, content strategist, user experience analyst, assessment director, student data privacy director. These professional roles that support technology-enhanced teaching and learning were relatively uncommon just three years ago. Today, these positions are vital in the delivery of CBE, personalized learning, virtual reality, and other approaches to improve student learning outcomes
What is your institution’s strategy to build a suite of essential internal capacities in program design, analytics, retention and digital content? What capacities do you already have? Would you know how to assess them? Do you know how to build or acquire them? Come engage with leaders of successful initiatives to implement learning design, analytics, content strategy, and digital student support services. WCET’s highly-rated leadership summits provide a balance of expert presentations coupled with facilitated conversations among a broadly representative audience of higher education practitioners and senior level administrators. There is no one path to building and sustaining institutional capacities for innovation. WCET’s Leadership Summit offers a 1-1/2 day interactive, thoughtful, and practical forum to help your institution build the institutional capability to get the benefits for your students in a sustainable way.
The summit program will address these questions and more:
- Many tools today have learning analytics functionality. How are academic departments, faculty, advisors and curriculum designers leveraging analytics and learning outcomes data? What are some effective models?
- How can institutional leaders better align core support functions and investments that will enable faculty, student services, and advising personnel to make a difference with student retention and completion?
- How can an institutional content strategy impact affordability, learning outcomes, student satisfaction, time to completion, and student retention within existing resource constraints?
Summit registration includes:
- Access to all sessions during the 1.5 day event
- Breakfast on June 14 and 15
- Lunch on June 14
- Refreshment breaks on June 14 and 15
WCET Member: $395
Host Hotel and Venue: The Summit will be held at the Marriott Salt Lake City Center (220 South State Street). The WCET hotel block has closed.
Attendance is limited to 150.
For more information, contact Megan Raymond, assistant director for programs and sponsorship.