On May 9th and 10th, 2012, the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) held conversation with senior decision-makers and forward-thinking commercial and government partners about the evolving digital learning content landscape. From ebooks and etexts to open education resources and self-generated content produced by faculty and students, the WCET Leadership Summit helped campus leaders address the new opportunities and challenges that today's digital learning content creation, publication, maintenance and adoption brings to academic stakeholders across the higher education landscape.
The Summit featured presentations about:
- Successful examples of campus adoption of a digital content strategy.
- Views from industry leaders as to expected developments in the next 2-4 years.
- Expert-led, interactive discussions about implications for students, faculty, research, bookstore operations, and more.
- Emerging national initiatives that may impact digital content decisions.
- Blackboard Pilot.
- Closing Session Summary.
- CourseSmart Call for Participation.
- CSU Fullerton eText Program.
- Cuyahoga Community College eText Program.
- Dispatches from the Summit-Frontiers Blog- Day 1.
- Dispatches from the Summit-Frontiers Blog- Day 2.
- Flat World Knowledge Pilot.
- Leadership Summit Agenda.
- Morgan-New Patterns of Digital Content Use in Higher Education.
- Pearson Case Studies.
- Porter OER and BCcampus.
- Resources on Digital Content.
- Sarver EduKan.
- The Learning Registry and Office of Educational Technology.
- WGU eText Program.
View the agenda.
With generous support from Premiere Sponsor--CourseSmart
Supporting Sponsor--Flat World Knowledge:
Pearson Learning Solutions