WCET Leadership Summit
- Preliminary Program.
- Register Here.
- Book a hotel room.
- Find out new information as soon as it is available.
WCET’s 7th Leadership Summit will facilitate a discourse on three important goals that institutions of all sizes and sectors should embrace:
- Equity as a demonstrated priority for the institutions’ students, faculty, and staff.
- Accessibility as the lens through which the institution examines its resources, policies, services, and infrastructure.
- Data and evidence-based decision making for student success and ethical questions underlying analytics engines and ed tech products.
WCET’s June 5-6, 2018 Leadership Summit will retain the unique qualities of previous summits by creating a venue for thoughtful conversation, learning of exemplar successes and disappointing failures, and honest and open dialogue among college and university academic, business, and technology leaders. The three topics of equity, accessibility and data/analytics were selected because much has changed in the past five years as to how institutions are taking thoughtful and strategic actions to ensure, or at least improve, their policies, practices, and ed tech implementations around ethical and equitable access in digital learning.
An institution’s ethical and equitable obligation to student access and student success spans many academic and administrative units across the institution. WCET’s upcoming Summit offers a unique opportunity for directors and decision-makers across the campus to participate in this 1.5 day program as a team.
For each topic – equity, accessibility, and data/analytics – Summit presenters and facilitators will challenge attendees to consider how their own institutional practices, policies, and technologies are helping or hindering the advancement of quality and affordable credentials, access and retention of underserved students, and universal design of courses, digital resources, and emerging technology tools that serve all students.
Summit registration includes:
- Access to all sessions during the 1.5 day event.
- Opening reception on June 5 sponsored by Wiley Education Services.
- Deluxe Breakfast on June 5 and 6.
- Lunch on June 5.
- Refreshment breaks on June 5 and 6.
Prices will increase $50.00 after May 4.
WCET Member: $395
Host Hotel and Venue: The Summit will be held at the Duke Hotel Newport Beach, 4500 MacArthur Boulevard.
Reserve your room by May 11 at the host hotel. Rooms are limited. The WCET Group rate is $189/night. Booking through the block ensures complimentary in-room internet access.
The hotel is conveniently located near the John Wayne Airport-Orange County (SNA) and 41 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Valet parking, fee: 33 USD daily.
Suggested Summit attire is business casual.
Attendance is limited to 150.
For more information, contact Megan Raymond, assistant director for programs and sponsorship.