The Future of Internet of Things is at Our Doorstep
Hosted in partnership with Blackboard.
The Internet of Things has moved from a concept on the edges of our minds and at the gateway to our institutions to the coffee pots in our homes and the devices in our residence halls. How is IoT shaping the policies, security, privacy at our institutions, and what promise and potential does it also bring? Could facial recognition features allow us to view how students respond and react and instantly modify our teaching?
Our panelists discussed IoT on campus including the following questions:
- What potential does IoT have to improve access, course design, and delivery?
- How can IoT benefit students and impact outcomes?
- What are the privacy and security implications?
- What about the data? Who has access, and what’s collected?
- What are the potential risks of IoT to our research institutions?