WCET + Blackboard Webcast
The Internet of Things has moved from a concept on the edges of our minds and at the gateway to our institutions to the coffee pots in our homes and the devices in our residence halls. How is IoT shaping the policies, security, privacy at our institutions and what promise and potential does it also bring? Could facial recognition features allow us to view how students respond and react and instantly modify our teaching?
Join our panelists as they discuss the following:
- YouTube Recording of Webcast
- What potential does IoT have to improve access, course design, and delivery?
- How can IoT benefit students and impact outcomes?
- What are the privacy and security implications?
- What about the data? Who has access, what's collected?
- What are the potential risks of IoT to our research institutions?
Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
Time: 10:00 AM HAST/ 11:00 AM AKST/ Noon PST /1:00 PM MST / 2:00 PM CST/ 3:00 PM EST
The webcast is provided free and open to all. Follow the Twitter feed at #WCETwebcast.
WCET (WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies) & WICHE Vice President for Educational Technologies
Chief Technology Strategist,
MCNC which operates the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN)
Associate Vice President,
Higher Education Policy