WCET Community Rules of Use and Standards of Etiquette
WCET’s online communities and email lists are services WCET provides to WCET members and members of WCET|SAN. You must be an employee of a WCET member institution or organization and/or SAN member institution to participate in the WCET online communities.
Most wcetMIX communities are reserved for WCET or SAN members. Some communities are reserved for working groups, event attendees, and other invitation-only groups.
wcetMIX is a WCET owned web property and a member community space, so we ask that you agree to follow the WCET Privacy and Use terms for WCET Affiliated Websites and Systems.
We also ask that you keep the community etiquette below in mind when participating with wcetMIX.
By joining and using this community, you agree to have read and follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and content to that best suited to WCET’s purposes and this platform. This is a great medium to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact WCET at email@example.com. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community for anyone who violates the etiquette below.
You can opt out of participating with wcetMIX communities at any time by unsubscribing.
wcetMIX Community Platform – Rules of Use
This site is provided as a service for WCET members, WCET|SAN members, and registrants of select events. WCET is not responsible for and does not endorse the opinions and information posted on wcetMIX by others. We disclaim all warranties regarding information posted on this site; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall WCET be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal language use and materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or content that you would not want associated with your name. WCET reserves the right to remove any content or messages that violate this policy with or without notification of the original poster.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use. If you did not create the content, properly attribute it to the respected content creator. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants WCET and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- WCET does not have control of content, accuracy, or copyrights to sites that are linked outside of the “WCET resources.” We do not endorse, recommend, or authenticate the accuracy of information at linked sites. The links are provided as an informational resource to WCET members and users of the website. Individuals must evaluate linked sites for usefulness or purpose. Links to sites that are broken, offensive, misrepresentations, or otherwise deemed unfit by a member should be reported to WCET staff.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- WCET reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these terms.
Guidelines for Corporate Members Using MIX
Corporate members are encouraged to participate in WCET member-only community discussions including wcetDISCUSS and the job posts. Users should follow the guidelines below when participating:
- Emails/Communities may not be used for the solicitation, promotion, or sales of commercial products or services. We do not allow unsolicited corporate solicitations through our online platform. If a post contains solicitations or is questionable, WCET staff reserves the right to remove the content. If possible, WCET staff will work with the original poster to modify the post.
- Please do not send private messages regarding products or events to other members unless they have given you permission.
- You may encourage institutional partners who are current WCET members to respond to posts that are relevant to your company’s products or services.
- Corporate members may respond to queries made by members regarding specific products, as long as the response provides data or insight about the question and does not contain solicitation or promotional material.
wcetMIX Community Platform – Standards of Etiquette
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the specific people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals rather than products or services that you may provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. WCET reserves the right to remove posts that heavily promote a certain product.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all members of the community to see, and comments may be subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it. We highly encourage posting items that can be reused.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best and most relevant response by eliminating “noise.”
- Be clear and concise when stating the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send personal comments to the entire community. Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals rather than the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in every message or post.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the community. If you need to unsubscribe, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Please email us and we will update your contact information.
Who can participate?
WCET member institutions and organizations may have an unlimited number of staff subscribed to receive WCET’s valuable news and discussions and to participate in online communities. Members are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the news, resources, communications, and collaborations that come from being part of the WCET community.
WCET|SAN member institutions and organizations may have an unlimited number of staff subscribed to receive WCET|SAN’s valuable discussion and sharing list. Members are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the updates on regulations and questions shared within the WCET|SAN community.