|Located||85 Alumni Rd
|Agency Contact||Kevin Corcoran
|Sponsor||State of Connecticut|
The Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium (CTDLC) provides services and support to help educators in and out of Connecticut meet the ever increasing demands of developing and delivering effective technology-enhanced learning opportunities for students in higher education, adult education, middle and high schools, and the workforce.
Established under the Board for State Academic Awards, the CTDLC is a division of Charter Oak State College and a member of the Connecticut Board of Regents of Higher Education. As a public agency, CTDLC is partially supported by state funding. The majority of our revenues come from fees for our services.
The CTDLC is also a membership organization. The Executive Council serves as an advisory board and the Membership Council meets regularly to discuss innovations in e-learning technologies and best practices for teaching and learning online.
While the CTDLC began as an organization primarily serving higher education in Connecticut, from its earliest days it has provided services to institutions outside of Connecticut and to a wide variety of schools, colleges, universities, state agencies, and non-profit organizations.
CTDLC Services include:
- Learning Management Hosting.
- eTutoring Collaboratives.
- Instructional Design & Faculty Training.
- Web Development & Integration.
- K-12 Program Services.
- Call Center & Technical Support.
- Strategic Consulting.
Initiatives & Interests
CTDLC initiatives/interests include:
- Student ‘Success’ Coaching Models.
- Online Tutoring Best Practices & Assessment Models.
- Regional Blackboard Users Group.
- Regional Consortium of Consortia.
- Fostering/Supporting Regional Open Education Resource Initiative.
- Continuing/Supporting an Inmate Online Education Program.
- Starting/Supporting regional Instructional Designers Community.
- Continuing/Supporting an Annual Teaching & Learning Conference.
- Supporting Online Faculty Professional Development.
Last Updated: July 2013