|Agency Contact||Donald J. Muccino
|Sponsor||State of Florida|
The purpose of the Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) is to provide statewide support services to Florida's public colleges and universities, facilitating cross-institutional collaboration and expanding access to rich library collections and to online teaching, learning, and research tools that help all students complete their educational goals and succeed in the workplace.
FLVC is a statewide academic support organization established by Florida Statute in 2012. FLVC is the combination of four organizations with decades of service to Florida's public postsecondary institutions. Those former organizations that now comprise FLVC are: Florida Distance Learning Consortium (est. 1998), Florida Center for Advising and Academic Support (est.1998), College Center for Library Automation (est. 1989), and Florida Center for Library Automation (est. 1984).
The Chancellors of the Florida College System and the State University System share joint oversight of FLVC. A Board of Directors, composed of college and university vice presidents appointed by the Chancellors, as well as officers from FLVC's advisory groups, assists the Chancellors in their governance role.
FLVC's services include:
- Support for Florida's ever-growing population of distance learners and institutions offering online courses and degrees.
- Online academic advising services to help students identify the requirements of their chosen degree.
- A variety of tools used by staff at college and university libraries to provide services to their students and faculties.
- Online access to the library holdings of all Florida public colleges and universities, including electronic resources such as full-text journals, databases, and e-books.
- Support and training for college and university students and staff using the services of FLVC.
Last Updated: August 2013