|Located||1024 Capital Center Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
|Agency Contact||Allen Lind
|Sponsor||Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education|
KYVC serves as a statewide advocate for access to learning through technology, a convener of partners that use resources effectively, and a catalyst for innovation and excellence in e-learning.
Vision: KYVC aspires to create a technology-supported, lifelong learning environment that results in better lives for Kentucky's people.
The Kentucky Virtual Campus (KYVC) is a program of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE), which coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky's postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997.
What We Are Charged to Do: Consistent with the statewide strategic agenda for postsecondary education, the primary purposes of the KYVC are to:
- Enhance and expand educational access and increase educational attainment across Kentucky.
- Upgrade workforce skills and expand professional development through basic and continuing education.
- Increase collaboration and foster efficiency and effectiveness in delivering courses and programs.
- Increase global competitiveness of Kentucky's educational resources.
Simply put, the KYVC strives to a technology-based clearninghouse for quality online college credit, professional development, and supplemental studies.
Who We Serve: The KYVC works with its provider institutions to specifically address the needs of the following client groups:
- Adult students.
- Place-bound and time-bound students.
- Employers and employees in business, industry, and government.
- P-12 students, teachers, and administrators.
- Traditional residential students.
- Students living in other states and countries.
However, the KYVC has several affiliate organizations which diversify outreach into the areas of libraries, K-12 schools, and homeschooling organizations.
KYVC Services include:
- Statewide Postsecondary Course and Program Catalog.
- Learning Management Hosting.
- Registration and eCommerce.
- Student Information System.
- Instructional Design.
- Web Development & Integration.
- Statewide Procurements.
- K-12 Statewide Online Catalog.
- Call Center & Technical Support.
- Strategic Consulting.
- memberships to WCET, Quality Matters, Sloan-C Workshops, Eduventures, SREB Electronic Campus and Technology Cooperative.
- Alliance with the Kentucky Virtual Library (KYVL).
- Alliance with Kentucky Virtual Adult Education.
- KYVC Principles of Good Practice.
- Criteria for Offering Programs and Courses via the KYVC.
Initiatives & Interests
KYVC initiatives/interests include:
- Statewide Blackboard Users Group.
- Statewide State Authorization Work Group.
- OER through the Kentucky Learning Depot.
- Supporting an annual Innovations Conference.
- Creating a new Alliance for adult learners.
Last Updated: July 2013