The Sally M. Johnstone award is named after WCET's founding executive director. Sally led WCET from 1989 to 2006, creating the basis for the organization which is the leader in the practice, policy, and advocacy of technology-enhanced learning in higher education. From WCET, Sally has gone on to leadership positions at several institutions, continuing to be an advocate for student success and technology in higher education.
This award recognizes a professional who has made an outsized contribution for their 'rank' to the technology-enhanced teaching and learning community with the intention of recognizing thought leadership, excellence in practice, and demonstrated leadership capabilities.
Congratulations to Dale Johnson, Adaptive Program Manager at Arizona State University, and the 2016 recipient of the inaugural Sally M. Johnstone award.
- Professionals who have an outsized contribution for their 'rank' to the technology-enhanced teaching and learning community.
- Professionals who have not achieved the rank of senior leadership at their institution.
- Demonstrated leadership, including thought leadership, in an area effecting technology-enhanced teaching and learning including policy and practice related arenas.
- Candidate must not be a current member of the WCET staff, steering committee, or executive council.
- Candidate must be affiliated with a WCET member institution, organization, or cooperation that is in good standing.
Nominations may be submitted by the individual under consideration or by a colleague, supervisor, or other interested party.
- Up to two pages addressing how the candidate meets the eligibility criteria, including evidence of contributions to the technology-enhanced teaching and learning community.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae for the nominee.
- Two--three letters of reference (inclusion of one external to the candidate's home organization is recommended but not required).
There will be one award recipient chosen each year and honored at the WCET Annual Meeting during the annual awards lunch. The 2017 recipient will be notified ahead of time and will receive a complimentary registration for the Annual Meeting and a travel stipend to attend in Denver, October 25-27, 2017.
All nomination materials should be sent to Lindsey Downs (email@example.com) no later than July 7, 2017. An award committee will evaluate the nominations and select a winner who will be notified no later than August 15, 2017.