What is wcetMIX?
wcetMIX is WCET’s online platform to discuss important topics and ideas and to share news, announcements, articles, and events. MIX provides the opportunity for member engagement, community building opportunities, and options for finding and using the archives of our WCETDiscuss and WCETNews email lists.
MIX replaced WCET’s older email list software.
- wcetMIX home page.
What are the WCET Email Lists (now WCET Communities)?
WCET Discuss is a moderated discussion community reserved for WCET members. The group puts you in touch with higher education professionals from institutions and organizations in the U.S. and Canada. Have a question about how others address a policy issue or design solutions to certain educational technology challenges? Post or send your question and get ideas and input from your peers.
WCET News is a moderated community used to distribute WCET's popular Article Digest, job posting from WCET members, announcements and breaking news of general interest to our members.
The Value of the WCET Community - Why You Want to Give wcetMIX a Try!
- More than 4,000 higher education decision makers, practitioners, and enthusiasts are currently part of “the WCET community” via WCETDiscuss.
- Community members include leaders in academic affairs, student services, faculty development, technology and innovation, corporate services, and more.
- All higher education sectors are represented inside of this community, from every U.S. state and several Canadian provinces.
- wcetMIX will help you get just-in-time, real life advice from experienced higher education professionals.
Hot topics the WCET community have recently helped each other with:
- Estimating course development time for passive online versus interactive online courses,
- Copyright infringement notifications to cheating cartels,
- Developing a process for vetting third-party accessibility tools that faculty actually want to use,
- Rubrics for determining a course’s “onlineness,”
- HIPPA compliant software for distance supervision in a clinical setting.
How do I log into MIX for the first time or get a new MIX account?
You can log into MIX on the MIX homepage.
If you are subscribed to WCET News or WCET Discuss, you already have a MIX account!
First time users should select "First Time Login/ Reset Password" and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. Your email address is the most recent email address that WCET has for you. If you need to update this email address please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you had login credentials for our previous listserve service you will need to create a new password for the MIX platform.
If you are not currently subscribed to NEWS or DISCUSS but would like to be, please complete this form.
How do I set my Digest settings (frequency of emails I receive)?
Navigate to your profile in MIX and click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are subscription options: Real Time, Daily Digest, No Email. Select the option you prefer for each community.
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
We highly recommend staying on real-time digest for all of our communities so you do miss out on discussions or breaking news items.
Need assistance with MIX?
Please contact WCET with questions or comments about wcetMIX!