WCET is focused on providing updates and resources to the higher education community to help institutions address issues that arise due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We understand that information on the situation may change rapidly and our members and the education community at large need information to help address staff, faculty, student, and community questions and needs. This webpage will be continuously updated with curated resources on technology-enhanced teaching and learning, higher education policy and regulation, and practical advice for instructors and administrators on these topics.
Please contact us with additional topic suggestions or other ways we can support you.
- WCET is developing a set of one page policy briefs on critical regulatory issues impacted by COVID-19. These sources will be updated as needed and new resources will be frequently posted.
- OLC, QM, UPCEA, and WCET's Joint Responses Regarding the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic and Advice on Transition Face-to-Face Courses Online
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs: Important Update: VA preparing guidance for schools that change training modality due to COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Education: Information for Accrediting Agencies Regarding Temporary Flexibilities Provided to Coronavirus Impacted Institutions or Accrediting Agencies
WCET Curated COVID-19 Resources
WCET has either developed content or has curated external resources around the topics below. Additionally, WCET would like to showcase promising practices for supporting the higher education community during this time. If you would like to contribute something that you or your institution are doing, please fill out this brief form.
- Promising Practices Showcase (Coming soon)
Resources submitted by WCET members regarding their promising practices using the form mentioned above.
- Instruction and Teaching with Technology
Resources on quickly transitioning face-to-face courses to remote delivery including both general resources as well as subject specific resources. This category also includes sources on accessibility and open educational resources.
- WCET Policy Briefs and Federal/State Regulations
Resources and briefs on federal and state policies and regulations that are being impacted during the pandemic. This category includes topics such as accreditation, state authorization, veteran students, financial aid, and distance education authorization.
- Institutional Preparedness
Resources on institutional continuity planning. This category includes both general resources as well as examples of institutional continuity plans.
- Assessment and Evaluation
Resources on how to think about assessment and evaluation when transitioning a course to remote delivery.
- Student Services
Resources on how student support services including how to transition face-to-face services to remote delivery and the types of services students may need. This category includes topics like academic support services and tutorials and career services.
- Technology and Infrastructure
Resources on campus, faculty, student, and staff technology needs and strategies for meeting those needs. This category includes topics such as tech support and broadband access.
- Miscellaneous Resources
This category includes important resources that don’t fit any of the other categories
- General COVID-19 Resources
General resources from United States and global organizations related to COVID-19. This category includes updates on the extent of the pandemic, health and safety resources prepared by organizations like the Center for Disease Control, and links to federal agency responses.
- WCET Event Updates
General COVID-19 Resources
- U.S. Department of Education, COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Federal Student Aid, Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Federal Communications Commission, Keep Americans Connected
- Daily Situation Reports from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- COVID-19 - Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- How Coronavirus Spreads - CDC
- Prevention and Treatment - CDC
- Guarding Against Stigma Related to Coronavirus - CDC
- Information for Travelers - CDC
WCET Event Updates
Please see the pages below for more information on our upcoming events. As relevant, we will be updating these pages with cancellation or continuation information as the events approach.
- WCET 2020 Policy Summit updates and information - The 2020 Policy Summit has been changed to a Virtual Summit. Find more information and the chance to register on the Virtual Policy Summit webpage. (Updated 3/12/20)
- WCET 2020 Annual Meeting information page.
- WCET 2020 Annual Meeting Call for Proposals.