Join WCET for this year's Annual Meeting - a Virtual Seminar Series!
- Register for the Virtual Seminar Series.
- Preliminary Schedule - Session 1
- Preliminary Schedule - Session 2
- Call for Ideas for #WCET2020.
Registration is open!
In these uncertain times, we have decided to move WCET’s 32nd Annual Meeting to a virtual seminar series in lieu of hosting it in Indianapolis. The two-part series of topic-focused virtual discussions and experiences will bring together higher education community members, practitioners, and experts. Each seminar will include strategic work group collaborations and networking events.
Attendees can register for individual seminars or the full series.
The 2020 Seminar Series Topics:
- October 6 - 15, on Tuesday - Thursday of each week: Inclusiveness in Higher Education: From Notion to Action
- November 2 - 12, on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of each week: The Value of Higher Education and What the Future of Education Could Be
Synchronous activities, including networking, will begin at 8:30 AM MT and conclude by 4:30 PM MT.
Each seminar will take place in our brand-new virtual event platform and will include sessions and experiences interspersed throughout six days to provide flexibility and value:
- Research-based panel perspectives with key takeaways.
- Synchronous keynote panels
- Live audience Q&A
- Asynchronous participants can ask questions through duration of the event
- Key take-a-way resources
- Opportunities for participants to share stories, advice, and reflections through breakout sessions and networking venues.
- Open discussions around challenges and lessons learned with sessions led by subject matter experts and WCET members.
- Synchronous discussions via breakout rooms
- Choose your own adventure based on topic or area of interest
- Participants are encouraged to share what worked/didn’t work at their institution.
- Strategic work groups: focused collaborations on developing guides, checklists, etc, for tackling challenges.
- Topic overview resources and guides.
- List of suggested readings and resources
- Networking breakouts and social hours.
- Virtual stretching and relaxation
- Coffee Breaks
- BYOB and discuss the merits of your favorite “B”
- Pet Yappy Hour- bring your pet
- Walk and Talk chat with your cohort while you walk
- Scavenger hunts
WCET members will have exclusive access to keynote presenters and topic leaders during live ‘backstage’ sessions.
|WCET Member - 1 Seminar||$125|
|WCET Member - 2 Seminars||$200|
|WCET Member - 1 Seminar - Additional Colleague||$25|
|WCET Member - 2 Seminars - Additional Colleague||$25|
|Non-Member - 1 Seminar||$325|
|Non-Member - 2 Seminars||$550|
|Non-Member - 1 Seminar - Additional Colleague||$49|
|Non-Member - 2 Seminars - Additional Colleague||$98|
|Student (with valid ID)||$50|
The preliminary program will be posted soon.
Questions? Contact WCET.
Future WCET Annual Meeting Dates:
- 2021: Denver, November 2-4