Join us for a Big Audacious Conversation with Dr. Vernon Smith, chief academic officer and provost at MyCollege Foundation's newly launched Portmont College at Mount St. Mary's. Portmont College is dedicated to providing high-quality, low-cost college degrees to students who face barriers. Smith is an innovative educator who previously served for over 20 years as faculty, faculty chair, dean, and vice president of Academic Affairs at Rio Salado College in Arizona. He is an inspiring speaker and passionate, student-centered educator with a penchant for innovative approaches to student success.
The conversation, led by WCET's deputy director, Mollie McGill, will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Selecting students for their "Grit".
- Innovative models for student support.
- Low-cost, high-quality blended learning.
- Connecting students to the market with "Core Capabilities" that employers are seeking.
- How descriptive and predictive analytics measure progress and impact student success.
- A "greenfield" approach to college.
Join us for this interactive discussion with one of edtech's big thinkers!
Chief Academic Officer and Provost,
Portmont College at Mount St. Mary's
Director, Programs and Membership