Personalized Experiences for the Three Types of Adult Learners
Wiley Education Services conducted a proprietary research study, which consisted of surveys and personal interviews with graduate students and aimed to better understand the motivations, behaviors, attitudes, needs, and wants of individuals pursuing a graduate-level degree. As a result, they identified three distinct graduate student personas: Launcher, Advancer, and Altruist.
The speakers shared the study’s findings around these three personas, including:
- The motivations that triggered them to explore graduate-level education.
- Typical traits and characteristics.
- Criteria and considerations they use to pick a program.
- Factors that might cause them to choose to not enroll in a specific program.
- Marketing messages that are likely to resonate with them.
- How to operationalize these learnings.
This webcast intended to help institutions better understand who their graduate students are, what they care about, and how they communicate, to improve marketing, recruiting, enrollment, and retention efforts. In addition, recommendations were provided from the findings around how to most effectively personalize communications efforts and support each persona throughout the student journey.